Monday, January 9, 2012

All Good Things Must Do WHAT?

It's time for all good things to come to an end.  No, I'm not giving up my coffee addiction in favor of doing something crazy like, say, drinking green tea.  *shudder*  Nothing against drinking green tea, but I can't imagine drinking it all day every day.  It's just so, well, not ME. 

And, no, I'm not giving up my blog.  How else would I get rid of those pesky thoughts that swim around in my head demanding attention until I write them down.  Facebook is an option, but a status update can only hold a certain amount of words....and I'm rather wordy, so that wouldn't work.  Not to mention all the people who complain about my status updates being about coffee and/or what I'm cooking that day.  At least no one has complained about that here.  Yet. If it ever happens, I will return to approving comments before they can post to my blog so I can remove them.  Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

So, what is coming to an end?  Sleeping in. *gasp*  Yes, that's right.  Tomorrow my children return to school after their Christmas Break.  I know, it's officially called "Winter Break" but I'm old school.  I got out for Christmas, they are getting out for Christmas, so why not call it what it is?  Oh....I might offend someone. Okay.  Fine.  Consider yourself offended.  I'm frequently offended but it doesn't stop others from saying what they think and feel....  But, that's another post for another day.

Back to my moaning and groaning. 

I have to get up early tomorrow.  What's worse, I have to STAY up and do things like wake up teenagers, repeatedly, so they make it to school on time and cook a nutritious breakfast to fuel their brains so they can think and function in class all day long and THEN, I have to drive at least one of them to school as he has to return the marching snare his band teacher so lovingly loaned to him for the entire 17 days they were on Christmas Break.  17 days....  with a marching snare in the house....  We had to give permission for him to bring it home.  All I can say was I obviously didn't have enough coffee that day and was in a fuzzy state of mind. 

Actually, it wasn't that bad.  But, now I'm moaning and groaning because tomorrow morning I have to get up early, wake up teen age boys who will NOT want to get up, cook breakfast, get dressed and go out in the cold, wet world to drive them to school.  Before 8 AM.  Hello?  I've been sleeping in until 10 most days.  I like sleeping until 10.  I am a much nicer person when I can sleep until 10, drink coffee for a couple of hours and then...say around 1:00 pm start my day. 

I am not joking.  Just ask my hubby, or my parents, or my kids.  Even my dogs will verify the truth of this.

So....that's it.  That's the bad news from my home.  I'm sorry. I wanted to keep it to myself, but knew it was information I must share.  Otherwise it was going to keep going around in my head until I broke out with a very long FB status.  You know how that gets people riled....

Coffee:  Yup.  Still loving my Bunn.  Alternating creamers between the Peppermint Mocha and the all natural sweet cream. 

Off to watch the BCS Championship game with hubby and then go to bed and try to get enough sleep so I'm not *too* grumpy in the AM.  :) And, my boys just grabbed me and asked (demanded) to have hair cuts before returning to school tomorrow.  Busy evening.  Night y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. You and me both, sister. Life would be so much nicer if we could wake up and have a couple hours to adjust to the day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 10 is a perfect wake-up time....alas those days are over for me too (I did have some great ones on Christmas break too:)).
    Hope it's going well....I'm actually enjoying my time in the am before Job is up and running bright and early:))

    ReplyDelete