Thursday, January 5, 2012

New in the New Year

So, it's that time of year again.  Last year it was in March or April when I hit this point.  Guess I'm ahead of the curve this year.  :)  It's time for some changing.  Attitude, style, hair...  make up will be coming next.  I need to have a fashion consultant or two on speed dial.  Seriously. 

This was my first change this year.  I was in the mall a couple days ago and bought this outfit at American Eagle.  It was on clearance plus an additional 40% off!!  The entire outfit was under $33!!  I do love a bargain. What do you think? 

The belt is from Anthropologie. 
It goes really well with the outfit, don't you think?  :)


Okay, so here is the evolution of my hair....
This was in October just after my first hair cut here in Waco.

Jan 4.  I am so tired of my hair in this picture. 
 It's grown a lot since October.

This morning JUST after I made my hair appointment. 

After my hair appointment.
It's okay.  Just shorter than I asked her to cut it.
In a week it will be better.

After I worked with my hair a bit....
and retouched the make up...
The following two are more of the same... 




Next change will be to up the fashion factor in my closet yet again.  Some things are not being worn at all and need to go.  Others have been worn too much and need to hit the trash can.  Others need to go to a different home where they will be appreciated.  When all these items leave, there won't be much remaining.  Scary thought! 

And, the haircut revealed something else....I am in desperate need of new make up.  Definitely new colors for my eyes...and maybe a few new lip colors too.  Not sure I'm excited about my foundation either.  Probably because I'm still wearing my summer color and it's winter - when I rarely go outside except to check the mail or hop in the van to go somewhere. 

Coffee:  Of course.  Basic stuff.  Nothing special.  The usual creamers.  However, I did buy Coffee Mate Natural Bliss in the sweet cream flavor.  I can't wait to try it after dinner!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Very very cute! I love your short hair. It makes you look young and sassy!!! Great outfit! I need you to find me some cool looking stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new hair. It makes your eyes look so big. I also love the new outfit. Very Texas Belle looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan!!! I LOVE it!! Like, literally, I LOVE it! It actually makes your face look lifted (not in a fake, weird way, but a youthful one). I think this look is so flattering. I really like that outfit too by the way--the belt IS great and will go with a lot!
    So excited for your new look!!
    What colors do you wear on your eyes now? It's sometimes so hard to tell in pics. I would think a slightly shimmery bronze shade would be great on you.
    If you're really looking to make a little bit of an investment check out these Too Faced palettes. The shadow is really great quality, and I think you would use all the colors. They come with 3 little "look" cards with step by step instructions, and it's own little applicator (which is pretty good quality) I think the colors in the Naked or Natural palette would look great on you. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241303&categoryId=C10480

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara...I usually use neutral shades in the brown family....beiges, light brown, some bronzes, peach...basic and boring. It's time to up the wow factor, especially with this hair. I can't hide under/behind it now. :) Thanks for the suggestions on colors. Can't wait to take a look.

    BTW, thanks for clarifying the "lifted" comment... I wasn't sure when I first read it on FB. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!! I don't know how to say what I'm thinking--sometimes longer hair can just tend to pull down on the face, and though I never thought this about you, seeing the before and after, I think the new cut has lifted your face--your lovely high cheekbones are more on display I guess. Putting it simply: you look younger girl! LOL
    If you want to experiment with some color, I would go cheap with that, and try just adding the color to your lid on top of your normal look...a little more subtle way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it super spikey! It's edgy, like the funky mom. Go wild!
    I was totally thinking bronzy make-up too. Give it a try, but really go cheap first, then if you like it, get a better eyeshadow. Then play up those eyelashes! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara...no worries sweetie. Checked the colors. Those are really pretty and better versions of what I currently wear. Probably a good investment for me. Now...which colors??

    Debra...thanks. I will probably spike it crazy soon to see how I like it... Pictures will follow. Maybe only in a text to a few select people however. :) Color suggestions for the eyes?

    ReplyDelete