Thursday, October 4, 2012

What's My Topic?

Oh good grief!!! 

I was blogging away and had a fairly decent post almost completed.  Then, POOF! I somehow deleted the entire thing.  Normally, I would recreate the post.  But, as I have a massive headache, I refuse to even try it today.

Now, the question is:  What shall I blog about today?  Yesterday I had a GREAT topic in mind.  Manners, or rather the lack of them on-line.  More specifically, how some people like to hide behind their computer screens and be rude, nasty and mean to other people. 

Today, I do not have the ability to undertake such an important topic.  Maybe, in the future.  But, please do not hold your breath waiting to read such an inspiring, well written blog post.  It may never happen. 

My mind has been wandering about in search of a topic I can write about daily.  Well, at least weekly, as my track record clearly shows I rarely write daily.  I am in awe of people who have narrowed their blogs to one topic and write about it consistently.  Food, fashion, decorating, adoption, foster parenting, parenting, art, travel, etc.  How do they do it? 

Some days, no, most days, I consider myself to be a "Jill of all trades, master of none."  The only thing I know enough about to write about consistently is what is going on in my own home.  Even then, it's only a snapshot.  Usually a blurred one.  Photography is not my forte.  I wish it was.  I took a class in college.  I made a C.  *sigh*

I added a couple of recipes today to the blog.  And, I put links to them on the Recipes tab so they will be easy to find in the future.  I need to skim through the blog to find other recipes to link there.  Or, maybe not.  Too much to attempt today.

The one constant in my blogging is my cup of coffee.  As much as I love coffee, beyond mentioning what I am currently drinking (Community Coffee, Hotel Blend with a splash of half and half and artificial sweetener) there really isn't much I can say about coffee.  Certainly not enough for it to be my main blog topic. 

So, I am back to the drawing board wondering what I can or should write about.  I dunno.  Any suggestions?  Or, do you like my ramblings?  Maybe it makes you feel good to know someone else out there doesn't have it quite all together too. 

As promised, a couple of pics from my house.  I don't have things completely arranged yet.  But, it's cozy and home. 

The living room. 
I still need to add a few things to the walls and a chair or two.
But, overall, I am happy with it.

The "Before" picture of the dining room as I was trying to figure out what to do with everything.

The After picture. 
Whew.  Looks a LOT better, huh?
It's a pleasure to cook and eat in here now. 

That's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed the foray into my crazy mind today.  Chances are, tomorrow won't be any better, but we can hope.  :)

Coffee:   Yes, drank all the 8 cups I brewed at home.  Then, on a trip with son #2, I stopped by Starbucks.  I am now sipping a Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato.  It was free.  I love being a Gold card member.  :)  Life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment