Monday, October 1, 2012

October...Are You Ready?

The best laid plans of mice and men
Often go astray.
And leave us naught
But grief and pain
For promised joy.

Yes, that is a perfect description of how I feel about blogging and my intentions to do it often. And, then getting sick for over a week, allergies, a virus and a sinus infection....add a migrane AND a tension headache along with the nasty sinus headache.  It was horrific. Seriously.

Even though I am on the mend, the only reason I am upright and civil is thanks to 1000 mg acetaminophen every 4 hours.  Every.  Four.  Hours. 

But, onto better topics.  Otherwise I will begin to regale you with minute details of my illness.  It wasn't fun or pretty.  Thus, we had best move on quickly.

My Pinterest addiction is continuing and possibly increasing.  I love the recipes.  Something NEW to cook!  Yahoo!!!!!  (yelled in my best cowgirl imitation)  Plus all the decorating ideas, holidays ideas, crafts, DIY projects, party ideas, funny quotes, inspirational sayings...  Oh my.  I lose myself for hours if I don't set a timer when I "take a quick peek"...   

Yesterday (or was it Saturday) I stumbled across a new idea on Pinterest.  "31 Days of Blogging about a certain topic."  There is a Pinner who coordinates this project each year and links everyone's blogs on her blog (and on her pinterest board).  Then you can skim thru and find the ones you are interested in reading.  I have a ton of them bookmarked to read this month. As I find favorites, I will share them on my "Blogs I Read" board. :)

Until then, this is where you can find the list:  http://www.thenester.com/2012/09/31-dayers-2012.html

I am reading her 31 Day blog too.  It's called "Home.  On Purpose."  The other blogs I plan to read also center around the home.  It's an area I am concentrating on at the moment.  My home.  Decorating, organizing, cleaning, etc.  A lot of the blogs are "how to do it" blogs that also deal with how we feel about our homes.  And how our homes feel to others. 

As I go along on this journey during the month of October, I will share with you the changes it has made in me and my home. 

I'm glad to say before seeing this 31 day blog challenge, I told my hubby I am ready to get back to putting our home together.  It's time to finish decorating and "moving in".  The garage is still full of yet to be unpacked boxes.  Plus, there are still areas to be dealt with where I have unpacked but left everything unorganized and cluttered.

Today, finally, I purchased a small bookcase to put in the kitchen by my worktable/writing desk.  All the cookbooks, binders, and papers littering the top of the table and making my entire area look completely cluttered are now neatly put away.  It looks so much better!!!

Sorry, no before and after pictures tonight.  But, maybe soon as there are more changes to come in there.

Coffee:  Yes, lots.  Lots and lots and lots.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment