Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ouch....

OUCH is the most accurate description I can give for the past two days.  I had a migraine of epic proportions.  The first day, Tuesday, was the worst.  Apparently I had a virus along with it as I had a fever complete with chills.  I would cover up with everything imaginable until I would finally warm up enough to fall asleep in my dark quiet bedroom.  An hour or so later I would awaken, burning hot and throwing everything off so I could cool down and feel better.  This cycle repeated itself for about 36 hours.  We won't discuss the nausea, other to say I had extreme nausea, barely keeping down my Gatorade and pain killers.  I also had an ear ache, sore throat, body aches and even my neck was sore/stiff.  The absolutely, positively WORST part of the day was when my husband called and said he needed me to pick him up at work.  This meant I had to drive in the crazy afternoon drive time traffic to get him.  Then I had to ride home while he drove. I KNOW he didn't really drive at 100 mph, hitting every bump and pot hole on 264, but it certainly felt like it.  By the time we got home, I was literally in tears.  It hurt beyond any pain I had ever felt before, including childbirth.

Day two was better, but only marginally.  The fever was gone as were all the aches.  Ahhhh....the relief of "only" a migraine.  What am I saying??  It was still excruciating!  At least it was a step in the right direction.  Even the drive to pick up my hubby at work was better, slightly.  This time it was only an adventure in pain, rather than the pure unadulterated torture of the previous day.  No crying this time around, merely minor moaning and groaning quietly to myself in the back of the van. 

The worst part was not being able to fulfill commitments I had at church.  I really don't like it when I'm not capable of following through on a promise.  I know I was sick, but I am supposed to be invincible, capable of handling anything that comes my way, no matter what it is.  Somehow, my Super Woman status was revoked this week. 

Thankfully, this morning I woke up with a mild headache.  I took more Tylenol. After eating brunch at Bible study and drinking a cup of coffee, I felt much better.  A second dose of Tylenol and lunch and I felt even better.  But, it was the final dose of Advil and a snack later this afternoon that finally kicked the pain to the curb!!  Praise be!!

So, finally, I am back to my life in all it's craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment