Friday, March 12, 2010

Goodbye Bossy

Here I go again.  New day. New site.  Fresh cup of coffee.

I'm not a novice to blogging.  I have blogged in the past, but didn't stick with it because I didn't like the site(s).  Hopefully this time around will work better.   Here's hoping....

What's going on in my mind today?  So many things....I won't try to put them all in this blog though.  It would take too much time for me to type and for you to (hopefully) read.  Top thought however is that I miss my van!  Yes, you read it right.  My van is gone.  Bossy was her name.  I don't remember how or why we called her Bossy.  Doesn't really matter.  All that matters is she is gone.  My friend, my faithful companion, my transportation over the years.....  and my first totally brand new vehicle.  She only had 15 miles on the odometer when we purchased her and most of those were put on by us during our test drive!  But, all good things must come to an end and today was the end of Bossy's time with our family.  She was towed away a short time ago by a nice guy from a local charity.  I'm glad we were able to benefit others by donating her.  Goodbye Bossy.  You served us well.  It was a great 13 years.  You will be missed.

Isn't it silly to miss a vehicle that much?   To be that upset that it is no longer a part of my life?  We bought it when our third son was only a couple months old.  We took so many family trips in that van.  So many memories are wrapped up in that van....like the projectile vomiting from the back seat to the front of the van while sitting at Sonic!  Or Daniel singing along to a song and burping at a strategic point.  Kids fighting in the back seat.  Me hitting a mailbox and shattering one of the windows.   Vacations.  Day trips.  Running around town.  Etc. 

I know what you are thinking.  You think I cried this morning.  Hate to disappoint, but I didn't.  I watched her get hooked up to the tow truck and I walked back into the house to call my husband with the news that the van is gone.  I feel sad, yes.  But, come on.  It's just a van! 

The rest of my day is going to be devoted to cleaning house.  It must be done.  Therefore, I must get off the computer and back to work.  Thus far I have managed to vacuum the downstairs (a chore I may describe another day), declutter the downstairs, wash, dry and fold the laundry, and clean the bathrooms.  Still have things to do though - like dusting and cleaning the shelves over the washer and dryer.  And, I must empty the entertainment center in my bedroom so we can get rid of it this weekend.  The entire house is going to be cleaned, reorganized and rearranged over the next couple of months. Look out local donation centers!!  I will be visiting soon!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Can't wait to see more. Talk to me about coffee and what you think of me (I ain't a'scairt), in that order. :)

    ReplyDelete