Saturday, March 17, 2012

Writers should be readers, so I've been told.  Well, I definitely fit the "reader" part of this saying.  Here is a stack of books I purchased over the last 10 days. 

 If you look closely, you will see two of the same book. Guess I REALLY want to read it, huh?  :) 

Actually, my iPhone has a listing of  almost all the books I own.  Some are STILL boxed in the garage.  Last week I bought some books and neglected to log them.  While in Corpus Christi, hubby and I went to a favorite haunt, Half Price Books, where I bought more - one of them being the second copy of Tomorrow's Garden by Amanda Cabot.

Btw, I know you are wondering why I have a list of all my books in my iPhone.  It's so I don't buy multiple copies of the same book.  Oops....  LOL

As for the "writers" of the quote at the beginning....I'm working on it.  Slowly, but surely.  Spring Break has thrown me off schedule.  Monday I will be writing again. 

As promised on Facebook, I will discuss tonight's dinner.  Hubby went freezer diving this morning, found a couple of rather large steaks, and suggested them for dinner.  I agreed and logged onto AllRecipes.com to find a yummy recipe.  This is it.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/men-love-this-steak/Detail.aspx  Do you see the name of it?  Men Love This Steak.  Truth.  Women do too - in case you are wondering. 

I must be honest and admit I did not follow the recipe - although it sounded tasty.  These are my changes:

#1  I didn't grill it.  Our grill is dead, so I did broiled it after browning it in bacon grease - for extra color and flavor.  Good decision.

#2  I omitted the dijon mustard.  Several of my guys do not like mustard.  Instead, I used a little extra worcestershire sauce. 

#3  I omitted the cheese.  First, none of us like bleu cheese.  Second, I don't have any bleu cheese. 

#4  I was totally out of peppers and fresh mushrooms as we just returned from vacation. So....I used extra onion, canned mushrooms and garlic. 

I have to say, it was good.  Next time I make it I will use boneless steaks and I will use more seasoning on the steaks.  Also, I will put the veggies/sauce mixture over the steaks about halfway thru the broiling time so more flavor cooks into the meat. 

That's it for tonight!!  Hope you have had a great week.  We certainly did.  Will tell all about that soon. 

Coffee:  But, of course.  Gevalia.  Traditional Roast.  Yum.  All gone.  Wish I had more, but am not going to make another pot as it's almost 9:30 pm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment