Monday, March 12, 2012

Another Day in Paradise

Oh wow.  I just really looked at my page.  This will be post #14 (or was it 15) for the YEAR.  Oops.  So much for "blogging more".  At least I didn't make that a New Year's Resolution.  LOL  Actually, I didn't make any resolutions this year.  I never follow through, so this year I let myself off the hook and didn't bother.  Is this a good thing?  Hmmmm....  Must ponder that later.

On to the here and now!  I am soooo proud of my son, Justin put on A1C!!!  For those who aren't familiar, this means Airman First Class in the World's Greatest Airforce!  I am so proud of him, his dedication, his drive, his enthusiasm, his commitment, his everything!  He is fabulous. If he allows, I will post a pic of him wearing his new rank.  :)  I so hope he says I may.

Isn't he handsome??  :)


Other news? Our second son Matthew is a dedicated, motivated individual who is working toward becoming one of the few and the proud. He is amazing. He is rock solid in his determination. We are proud. We are humbled. We are terrified. We love him desperately, as all parents love their children. And, as we want him to fulfill his dreams and his God given purpose here on earth, we are stepping aside and letting him follow his heart with our love and total support. Being a parent is NOT easy. But, it is worth every moment.


BTW, there will be no photos of him as he has requested I not include them. Since I respect his privacy, I will not. But, you should know this Mama wants to show off her son!!!!

The other two boys are currently flying under the radar.  This is good.  Very good.  They need to continue to do so the rest of this week.

Speaking of this week, it's Spring Break!  Ahhhhh.  I do so love being able to sleep in, and relax with the family.  Having Spring Break coincide with time change is even better.  Now we have a week to adjust.  Nice.  Very nice indeed. 

Hubby is off for Spring Break this week too! I'm still adjusting to our new civilian schedule. Initial reaction is "I think I like it." No alarms, no late days, no rushing to meet a schedule for anyone this week. Yes, this is good. I have to wonder what it's going to be like this summer. Let's hope it's just as wonderful. :) Hubby is Type A and NEEDS something to DO.

Speaking of doing, later this week we are going to South Texas to visit friends and favorite places.  I can't wait to see how things have changed.  The only place we don't plan to go is the beach.  We remember the two plus hours of sitting in traffic just to get onto Padre Island.  Um, no thanks.  

As for me, I am sick.  Allergy season is here.  Zyrtec is my new best friend. Hoping to have the correct combo of meds soon so I can breathe through my nose 24 hours a day, without coughing, sneezing or sniffling.  If this year is like past years, by the time I figure it out, the pollen will be gone and it won't matter. 

I haven't added any pics lately, so I am editing today's post to add a couple.  Hope you like them.

Cardi:  American Eagle
Top:  Anthropologie
Jeans:  Old Navy
Shoes (below): Banana Republic snakeskin print.  LOVE them!!



And, that's what is happening in my house today.  Nothing special.  TVs are on, video games and iPods are playing, the laptop is computing, and everyone is happy and reasonably healthy.  Ahhhhhh.....LIFE IS GOOD.

Coffee, but of course.  Gevalia, Traditional Roast.  Last cup.  Planning another pot soon.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Justin! My senior is considering ANG. It's not exactly in character for her, so I'm surprised. Her graduation announcements came in last week, this week is the end of 3rd quarter. 10 short weeks until graduation! I wish we were on Spring Break, not until next week. (and we only get W-F) The weather is going to be absolutely beautiful this week though, so it'd be nice if no one had anywhere they HAD to be, and the only alarm clock would be the puppy whining when he wants out. I am already planning coffee out on the deck tomorrow. No kcups tomorrow...it'll be freshly ground Kona. I'm feeling all zen just thinking about it ;) I hope the allergy meds bring relief very soon...I started taking mine as soon as I saw the leaf buds on the trees. I'm taking no chances this year. I might have my allergies figured out for this base now.....can you believe later this week will be 2 yrs since we pcs'ed!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kell, ANG? Interesting. Good luck to her as she's making her final decisions. Can I come join you for coffee on the deck? Sounds wonderful. We still don't have any furniture for ours as we are still debating whether to stay here or move once our lease expires. Maybe next year.... :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! I am the proud owner of two pair of skinny jeans. :) However, they are low rise and that drives me CRAZY... Need some of the Farrah jeans from Anthro. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww!! Congrats to Justin!!! Is that like E2? Do you mean your second son is enlisting in the Marine Corps?! When will this happen? I guess he'll go to San Diego for recruit training? Let us know for sure.

    You look fabulous!! Love the jeans and those awesome flats!!
    If the low-rise bugs you, try some Old Navy skinnies...I can't remember the exact cut, but they're the ones with the higher waist--I LOVE mine and they're such a great price! I think they may be the Sweetheart ones.

    ReplyDelete