Friday, March 9, 2012

An Update, Finally

*sigh* 

Can you believe how long it has been since I last posted?  I'm actually ashamed of myself.  I promised myself I would do better this year and post at least once a week, if not more often!  Oh well.... 

What have I been doing to keep me away from the computer?  I've been living life, writing (when I can) and travelling.  :)

The boys are definitely keeping me busy.  Matthew is a senior this year.  We ordered his cap, gown, tassels, invitations, etc recently.  I was technically "late" ordering them.  Somehow, the order form got misplaced and then forgotten.  Thankfully, the company has an office in town.  They were very wonderful in helping me order what we needed.  Whew! 

Matthew is making plans for his future.  My Mama heart pounds when I think of it.  No, college isn't in the plans....unless he uses a certain benefit from his job.  So, we are doing all that we can to help him become one of the few and the proud....  Including working out at the YMCA, which we joined this past week.  Mama (ahem, ME) needs to get back into shape too.  My jeans are getting too tight and I do NOT want to go up a size... 

Daniel has been busy with his video games.  A little too busy, but I won't embarrass him here by telling too many details.  Let's just say, his electronics time has been greatly reduced.  We have been "nice" though and are allowing him some quality visitation time with them during Spring Break.  LOL

Patrick is busy being an 8th grader and drumming.  Always drumming.  On everything.  Everywhere.  All the time.  Did I mention, he likes to DRUM??  Anyone want him to come visit this week?  :) 

Last weekend, I spent time in Biloxi and New Orleans with our eldest, Justin.  It was wonderful.  We did the two things I most wanted to do.  #1 visit Cafe du Monde repeatedly.  Seriously, in 2 days we were there at least 4 times.  Would've gone more, but the line was a little too long and it was a little too cold outside.  Brrrrrrr.... and #2 was to go to Preservation Hall and hear the jazz band.  Ahhhhh....it was WONDERFUL.  I do love to hear good jazz music.  Wish we had gone again on Saturday night, but it was freezing outside and we didn't want to stand in line.  Now, I regret it.  But, this gives me a good reason to visit NOLA again, right?  :)  We did some other stuff too, walked around a LOT, watched street performers, shopped, ate and ate and ate, and drank some really good coffee.  And, did lots of talking.  I needed that face to face time with him.  I miss my son.  But, I'm so proud of the man he is.  He's doing well.  Very well indeed.

This week, I've been busy trying to get back into my routine, both in housework and writing.  Didn't take long to get back into the housework routine.  After 20 years, it's second nature.  The writing routine is taking more time.  And, with this week being Spring Break, it won't happen until the following week.  Especially since we are going out of town next week for a few days.  I can't wait!!!! 

That's about it from my part of the world.  Life has been busy, crazy, and wonderful.  Hope yours has too. 

Drinking Gevalia coffee tonight, purchased IN STORE!!!  Yes, you can buy it at your local retailers now instead of ordering it on-line.  Try it.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a mother-son weekend. I've never done that with Nick, but may have to work on it. It would be easy since his wife works out of the country and is gone three weeks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I highly recommend it!!! It's such a great way to reconnect and get to know each other in a new, fresh way. I loved getting to know the grown up man my son has become. Very wonderful and heart warming. :)

      Delete
  2. I am getting caught up on the last two posts...
    I look forward to some one on one time with TJ after he leaves for college. Thankfully, he will be close enough (at whichever college he chooses) that I could actually go up and have lunch with him, and still get back home at a decent time.
    I am so happy for you that you had your weekend with Justin. :)

    ReplyDelete