Friday, December 9, 2011

Tis the Season....

It has been a few days since my last post.  I have been thinking through things. I don't claim to have any answers.  However, that being said, I have decided to "fake it till I can make it."  Therefore, I finally decorated a bit in our living room and kitchen.  Hubby and the boys are thrilled (something about it FINALLY looking like we've moved in). I think it makes the house look cluttered.  I suppose I was accustomed to the clean (bare) look from before.  You know, the whole "less is more" idea. 

So, what do you think?

The entry as seen from the middle of the living room.
To the left as you come inside.
The picture is the one we gave my hubby for his birthday last year.

To the right as you enter the house.
I love these little snowmen. 
The sitting area.  That is a Thomas Kincaid print from Home Interiors.  Love the colors in it.
Needs some more things around it to complete the grouping. 
However, those items are still in the garage in boxes. 
I AM working on it though.... 
Across from the sofa, of course.
I love the contrast of the antique shelves with the more modern photos.
Of course, the shelves are decorated for Christmas now.
Wonder what I'll find to put on them after the holidays.
Hmmm....I see another post for the future.  :)
To the left of the tv.

To the right of the tv...
Looking into the kitchen from the sofa.
Love my nutcrackers...need more of them....
I love this picture.
Need to accessorize it also.
Eventually....
The dining area. 

Another Thomas Kincaid print from Home Interiors.
Love this lighthouse picture (sorry it's not clear).

The table is festive...and not so much "stuff" that it's difficult to clear when it's time to eat.  :)
My new MC Coffee Maker...
and my new cup from Anthropologie. 
Hey, it wouldn't be ME if I didn't have a picture of my favorite part of the house!
Took this photo a couple days ago in my back yard.
Isn't this maple tree gorgeous??? 


Hubby was so pleased to see the house semi decorated. I'm so glad I was able to do something to make him happy. 

Speaking of hubby, a couple weeks ago he asked me if I had anything planned for tomorrow night.  I didn't and he asked me to keep it that way so we could have a date night.  Of course, I agreed!!!  When I asked what we were doing, he said it was a surprise.  He finally told me this morning.... he bought tickets for us to see Rick Springfield in concert in Dallas (well, Grapevine actually)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I knew my hubby loves me, but I didn't know he loved me enough to take me to a concert of my teenage heart throb!!!  Wow...  All I could do was throw my arms around hubby, kiss him and keep saying "You DO love me!!!!"   

Yes, I'm a bit excited.  Already have my outfit picked out and ready to go.  PLUS, hubby is taking me to one of my favorite stores - Anthropologie - to shop, or rather browse.  I doubt I will buy anything unless it is super awesome and on clearance.  But, that's okay. This time of the year, I prefer buying for others.  (Debra, I know what you are thinking...and the answer is "no".  LOL) Plus, afterwards we will go to dinner and then see RICK SPRINGFIELD in concert!!!!!!  :) :) :)  Excited?  Who? Me?  Nah............

This is a month of fun for us.  Tonight we have an Air Force JROTC Ball to attend.  Wait till you see my dress.  It's super cute and comfy and I can wear it to several upcoming events.  :) Then, tomorrow we have the concert (I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!  Did I mention being excited about going??).  On Sunday we are celebrating Daniel's 15th birthday.  Monday is actually his birthday, but it's also Patrick's Christmas Band concert (I know THEY don't call it that, but *I* do).... Then the following week is our 20th anniversary (where did the time go??) and the day we pick up Justin at the airport for his Christmas Leave.  Of course, after that we have Christmas and New Years....and then everyone goes back to school.  

This morning I am drinking Gevalia coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.  YUM!  I would share, but I'm not that nice.  Shhhhhhh....don't tell Santa.  ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Love the house! Have Fun At the concert!!!! Miss you!!!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks quite lovely! I know you will have a grand time at your concert! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. House looks great, love the Kinkades, I did not know HI strated selling those. Have fun at the ball and concert, post pictues, love to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous, I would love to see Rick Springfield again. I got to see him twice in concert, in 1982 and then again in 1984. Wow that was a lifetime ago. Love the pics you posted, your couch looks so comfortable. Enjoy the concert, be sure and post again soon, I have enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete