Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Counting down....the pounds :)

Wow, what a busy time we've had lately.  JROTC military ball, Rick Springfield concert, a son's birthday, shopping.... Some days I've felt too busy to breathe.  However, I've enjoyed every single minute of it!  Here are some pictures (minus the birthday - son doesn't wanna be on my blog.  *sigh*)

I tried this belt on at Anthropologie recently, but didn't buy it.
I regretted that decision until TODAY when Debra (thanks again, btw!!) texted to say
it was on sale plus another 30% off. 
It has been ordered and will be part of my OOTDs soon.  :)

This is what I wore to the Air Force JROTC Ball Friday night. 
I loved it and it must have been a good choice.
Even the teen girls said how cute it looked!!  :)

Me and the Mr. waiting for the Rick Springfield concert to start.
The doors opened at 7. 
The opening band started at 8:30.
Rick went on at 10 and sang till almost midnight!
Long wait, but well worth it.
We shared a table with a couple we met in line. 
What a hoot they were!!!
The guys sat at the table when the show started
while she and I hit the floor to dance and sing along with Rick.  :)
BTW, the Glass Cactus in Grapevine, TX is awesome. 

Rick Springfield.
He's still got it. 
Oh yes..... Yes, indeed.

Rick does this cool thing with a dozen roses at the end of some songs.
He strums them across the guitar strings and petals fly everywhere.
Really cool.
Wish the pic turned out better.  Oh well....


Action shot of Rick playing guitar. 
See the rose petals on the stage? 


One of the better close up shots.
Most were a bit blurry....
either because I was moving - or he was - or both.
Who can stop dancing when the music is good and the performance is awesome??

Rick bowing at the end of a song. 
This was close to the end of the concert.
Included this one because it was clear and you can see the rose petals.
Funny fact:  women  were gathering all the rose petals they could reach on the stage to take home.
I'm a Rick fan, but that's a bit much. If I was still a teenager, maybe.... 
Whatever, takes all types, right?  :)


So...another funny. If you didn't catch it earlier, the concert was in a bar.  A nice bar, but a bar, nonetheless.  After the concert, the doors opened to the general public.  All us mature women who love Rick are in the restroom because we didn't leave the room for 2 hours while he was performing and by this point we NEEDED the facilities...  There was this cute young girl waiting in line who had the audacity to say "Rick Springfield.... he performed here tonight right?  I THINK I've heard of him, but who IS he?"  I was on my way past when she said that and my response was "you were born about the time he became famous honey" and I kept walking as she started laughing.  You know, Southern women use "honey" in several different ways.....IF you assume this was not used as a term of endearment in this instance, you would be correct.  :)

Over the past few months, due to stress, I have gained some weight.  I knew this was a problem when suddenly my jeans were too tight - as in I couldn't zip them and breathe.  Thus, I did what any rational human would do as the holidays are beginning - I went on a diet and lost 4 pounds. Then we made our Southern Tour and I promptly regained all 4 pounds. Hey, it was Thanksgiving and I was HOME.  Anyway, those pounds plus another are now gone thanks to an awesome app on my new iPhone.  I use it to track every morsel (and sip) that goes past my lips.  You can link the website with your phone and stay up to date whether you are home or out to eat.  It's MyFitnessPal.com.   I highly recommend them.  I haven't been using it long and am already down 5 pounds.  It could be more if I was exercising, but who has time??  Don't answer that.  I know I have the time.  It's "just an excuse"...... 

Coffee....yes, indeed.  A pot per day.  Basic stuff.  But good.  Mostly with peppermint mocha creamer.  Yum.  LOVE that stuff.  Measuring it though to make sure I don't overindulge.  *sigh*  I can't wait to lose these next few pounds....

3 comments:

  1. So, I just looked at the last picture of Rick. Maybe that was more of an action shot of him playing guitar vs. a pic of him bowing. Who knows?? I'm just glad it was clear. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. will have to look up the myfitnesspal app...if my stupid iphone ever gets delivered *sigh* Actually it's hubby's fault, he wanted the black one and it's holding up the order. Our verizon store doesn't keep them in stock, and none of the stores anywhere near here would give one up so they had to order them. And because hubby wanted the black one, the more popular one, it's holding up my white one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, your photo's are fabulous. I loved the black dress, very classy, Rick looked hot just like I remember him. Loved the comment to the youngster who didn't know who Rick was.lol It looks like you had a great time, a night out is just what we need to break the monotony. By the way your Christmas tree is also pretty. Thank-you for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete