Friday, February 18, 2011

And another two months has passed....

I am feeling very out of it in the blogging world.  I've been spending lots of time here - reading what others have been so willing to share and keeping my world contained within my four walls.  This is not what having a blog is about.  So, here I am, coming out of hiding yet again.  I am not making promises to stay in the light though.  It's too easy to be seen here. 

I suppose a quick update of our lives over the past two months is in order.  However, it's been a relatively mundane two months.  Well, mundane if you don't count the wonderful snow that fell and kept the kids home from school for a couple of days.  And, mundane if you don't consider that my darling husband will be transitioning from his current status of active duty Navy to civilian in just a few months. The job hunt has begun and is quite the roller coaster ride.  Also mundane if you don't include that I've finally gotten SERIOUS about losing the weight that the recent stresses caused me to gain. 

Snow days:  Fun, cold, loud, enjoyable.  Sleeping in! Warm food.  Thought about baking, but didn't.  Made lots of comfort food though.  Stew/soup, or as Rachel Ray calls it "Stoup".  Love that blended word.  :)

Job hunt:  Scary, exciting, maddening, roller coaster ride, stressful, upsetting, the list goes on.  While it's exciting to be embarking on the next adventure in our lives, it's also scary.  A possible, probable move in the next few months.  New job for hubby. Possibly one for me.  New church.  New schools.  New friends.  A new area to learn.  New places to shop.  New coffee shops to try!  (Gotta find the good in this, right?)  Hmmm...good....New restaurants to try.  Lots of "new" things.... Not sure I'm excited about it.  In fact, just thinking about it all is making it very hard to breathe at the moment.  I'm *this close* to having a panic attack just THINKING about it.  Never mind that hubby doesn't have a job yet.  Actually, that's the most stress inducing part of the whole situation.  Once the job has been offered and accepted, things SHOULD calm down.  Then I can begin to plan for the move, start researching schools, look for a place to rent, etc.  Until then, I am searching my hair every time I look in the mirror as I'm sure there are gray ones in there somewhere.  There must be. 

Weight Loss:  Fantastic, quick, easy, self esteem boosting, controlled, maddening, time consuming.... K, not giving actual weights here, but I gained above my comfort zone by quite a bit.  More than I thought I would.  It happened slowly, over the course of a year, maybe 14-15 months.  Suddenly, I had NO clothes to wear.  Everything was tight - even the larger sizes I had kept for whatever reason.  I stepped on the scale (which I had NOT done in months) and was shocked.  It was imperative for me to lose weight.  N.O.W.  The very least I could think of losing is at least 17 pounds. So far, I am 12 pounds down since December 28, 2010.  After losing the next 5 pounds, my goal is to lose another 10 pounds.  Depending on how I feel then, I may lose another 5-10.  I will be on the lower end of the "normal" range according to all the charts and will be closer to where I THINK I want to maintain.  Of course, if family and friends think it's too thin...and if it's simply too difficult to maintain, then I will rethink my maintenance range.  We are all works in progress, right?  :)

Coffee today was a lovely half pot of Gevalia's German Chocolate Cake with coconut cream creamer.  Delish!! This afternoon, I had a nice cup of Seattle's Best at Border's.  Tonight, I decided it was tea time for a change and am enjoying my second cup of Irish Breakfast Tea.  I really need to drink more water....

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your post pop up in my feed.
    Hang in there.
    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete