Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year :)

Seriously, it is!  Christmas is over.  New Years is just around the corner.  The presents have been opened and are being enjoyed.  It SNOWED - starting Christmas night and for more than 24 hours afterwards.  Everyone is healthy (for the most part) and happy.  What more can a girl (mom, wife) ask for?  :)

I'll tell you what "more" I am asking for....some Gevalia German Chocolate Cake Coffee.  I keep forgetting to order it.  It's a seasonal thing, so there is a time frame in which it must be ordered.  It's not a flavor I drink often, but when I want it, I WANT IT.  I'm out.  Need I say more?  :)  If this was my only "more" to want, I'd be doing just fine, wouldn't I?  Time to get on the phone and order a few boxes....tomorrow.  LOL

What else can I ask for?  How about children who don't yell at each other to "SHUT UP!!!"  That is high on my list.  If I hear that once more today.......  I don't know what I will do, but I will do something.  Something they will not enjoy.  Like, assign chores for tomorrow instead of letting them play video games undisturbed. 

What?  There are other things I want? Yup. Lots of them.  Like where we are going to live after hubby leaves the Navy...not to mention what his job will be.  Other things like when will Justin leave for Air Force Boot Camp....or will he change his mind and go to college?  And how difficult or easy will this next transition be for our family? 

Woah, where did all that come from?  I planned to write about our wonderful Christmas and went down a slippery slope of uncertainty that I usually manage to avoid.  But, it is what it is...and it is our life at the moment.

Back on topic - this year we had a GREAT Christmas.  Hubby did FABULOUS buying presents for me this year.  Went way overboard (in my opinion, but not his) and bought things I loved and wanted.  No returns, exchanges or regifting this year at all!! And, all of it was age appropriate.  Nothing for a 10 year old (or younger) little girl.  LOL

The boys were all very pleased with their stash under the tree.  We even managed some wonderful surprises for them....like game systems they had NO IDEA we would purchase along with games.  Not to mention, we even fulfilled wishes from their lists.  Matthew was only able to guess ONE present this year (his swim fins).  It was pretty obvious.  At least he didn't tell me till the day after Christmas that he had figured out that gift. 

Hubby was pleased with his presents also.  I'm so glad.  And, now he's got almost everything he needs for his planned backpacking trip this Spring.  Still not sure I'm excited about him going alone....but I am sure I will get over that eventually - like when he's safely back home.  :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment