Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's Time for a Change...

Yes, the time has come.  I feel boring.  I feel predictable.  I feel stagnant.  Therefore, it's time for a change.  The first step came a couple weeks ago when I bought some AWESOME shoes.  A bit out of my norm.  But, take a look...



Awesome, aren't they?  This started my transformation.  From here, I painted my nails.  This was an adventure as I haven't bought new polish in years.  Literally years.  As in 5 of them.  Seriously.  So, I decided it was time to update my look.  At Wal-mart, I was looking thru their selection and was trying to decide which brand, how much I want to spend and which color to buy.  I finally decided to go for the cheap polish.  This way, if I didn't like the bold new colors, I wouldn't be upset about spending a lot of money on it.  Then, I had to decide which color.  I narrowed it down to an awesome purple, a bright blue, an interesting orange and a lime green.  They were all really cute in their own ways.  Another customer helped me decide on the bright blue (French Kiss) and the interesting orange (Hot Tamale).  I painted my nails last night.  Here's how they look...


Again, not quite "me".....but, I think it's a great change.  I seriously can't wait to paint my toes orange.  My hubby says I will look like an Auburn University fan (I do NOT like AU, so this did not make me happy.) and he wants to take a pic of my fingers and toes together.  This is hysterical to me.  Look for the picture.

Finally, I am over my long hair.  It has been long for quite some time.  Years.  I started growing out my bob about 4 years ago.  It's been trimmed a few times since, but that's it.  Today I bought a magazine all about 2011 styles.  Many pages and styles have been marked.  Now to pick out a style.  I am meeting with a friend soon (Monday) to have coffee, talk, shop and look at hairstyles.  Hubby is even excited about the upcoming change and is also offering suggestions - as in high lights or even going blonde!  I was surprised, but pleased at his willingness to embrace this needed change in my life.  He even suggested I make a day of it and have a mani/pedi along with the hair cut and color.  Wow....

Pictures of the old and new me will be here soon.  Now, to buy new make up colors.  Might as well go all out, right?  :)

1 comment: