Monday, February 21, 2011

Sensitivity

Hello, old friend.  Sorry, I am talking to my cup of coffee.  It's a happy flavor I haven't made in quite a while.  Hazelnut.  Splash of cream.  Ahhhhh.....  Why have I waited so long to brew a pot? 

On to today's topic.  Sensitivity.  I have come to the conclusion that we are ALL sensitive to a degree.  Today this hit me full force due to a message board. I consider most of them my friends and have met most of them.  We talk on the phone, we text and we post on the board.  Most of them live in TX and can see each other on a regular basis.  So, when someone posts something and gets what is considered a harsh reply things go crazy for a while.  People leave the board, others ask questions to which there is no answer and people get their feelings hurt.  There are disagreements behind closed doors.  Some even fear friendships ending over "rules" that were set up for this board.  I don't get it.  I admit to being sensitive.  I will even admit to being OVERLY sensitive.  But, to be that upset of postings on a message board?  Especially one that is designed to help us in an area where we are struggling.  Guess some people don't want to hear the truth, even when it's said in love.  Granted I didn't see the particular post that has everyone up in arms, but still.  It couldn't be that bad.

Now, on to ME and my particular brand of over sensitivity.  Yes, I admit to it. I dissect everything that is said to me.  Not message board posts (usually) but actual words spoken to me by friends, family and especially my husband.  One of my latest crazed dissections has to do with a balloon he gave me for Valentines Day.  It has a classic cartoon couple on it.  Very cute picture.  But, I took offense.  The couple?  It's Kermit and MISS PIGGY.  Ummm.... K....  Found out a couple days ago that my 17 year old son picked it out.  Not sure that makes it any better.  What does that say about how HE views ME?  Oh boy, I just opened up another emotional can of worms - worms that slither around like snakes in my mind.  Not good.  Not good at all. 

So, how do I get over it and past it?  How do I stop reacting this way?  I don't like being so sensitive all the time.  I don't like picking apart everything that is said to me by my hubby especially.  Must work on this. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment