Friday, March 14, 2014

'Tis the "Achoo!!" Season...

Ahhh.... Spring is doing it's best to arrive in the Heart of Texas. The cold fronts aren't as cold and the warm fronts are getting warmer and lasting longer. 

It's raining - and pouring - enough for the grass to be growing.

Did you just sing that line? I did. 

And, growing grass means one thing at my house.  Allergies.  Lots of allergies.  Sniffling, sneezing, being tired and generally feeling "icky". 

Today, The Mr. and the teens mowed the yard. 



It took a lot of work, but they did a nice job. It's good to be able to see the squirrels as they are scampering across the yard.  Before they were getting lost in the jungle grass out there.

While they were cutting the yard and for a while afterwards, I ran away from home, in hopes of keeping my allergies from going into a full blown attack.

Panera is a great place to escape allergens. Coffee, food and lots of people to watch. Today, I was busy with the people in my mind though. It was writing day. In the midst of the commotion around me, I managed to write a respectable 1,137 words in just under two hours.

However, I discovered I have several minor characters who do not have names.  I need to name two husbands, a teen boy and a teen girl.

Do you know naming fictional characters is as difficult as naming your own children? At least, I find it to be so. Not going to speak for other author's on this point. But, it seems so important for them to have just the right name. You don't want a nice guy with a bad guy's name and vice versa. 

And, what do you name an attorney? I need to name one and nothing is coming to mind. My plan is for him to be a real jerk. Every book needs at least one, right? Or, maybe the management guy should be the jerk and the attorney should be a nice guy....  Who knows.

Writing is difficult. Can you tell?  So many different scenarios. So many different people. So many different ways they can act and react.

It boggles my mind.

But, I love it. Just give me another cup of coffee and let the ideas begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment