Friday, March 28, 2014

How Will You Choose?

This has been a hard week for me.

Nothing in particular has happened to make it  a "bad" one. Just life in general. Well, that and a lack of proper focus brought on by what I call "Social Media-itis." 

I have seen so many people posting on Facebook and Twitter about things I want. Places they are going, things they are doing, special events....and I have been having a pity party for myself. 

All. Week. Long.

Until tonight, that is.

Tonight, I was reading a dear friend's status update where she referenced some things her family has had to deal with over the past few months. Then she mentioned discussing with her children that their response to this was UP TO THEM.

They had a choice.  Were these circumstances going to make them Better Or Bitter?

Oh. Wow.  Can we say "Light Bulb Moment" for Susan?  Because it most certainly was.  I can be bitter about things in my life not being as I wish they were.  Things that are totally and completely out of my control.  I can moan and groan and wish for different outcomes for the ones I do control. 

OR....

I can be better.  I can choose to see the positives, the many positives in the things I do have. I can choose to work harder and smarter to achieve my dreams.  I can choose to let my light shine. 

What is your choice today? 

My choice right now, today, is to choose JOY.  I choose to be Better. 

And, I choose to have another cup of coffee. 


 


As my children's middle school counsellor used to say on the announcements every morning.  "Make it a great day. Or not. The choice is UP TO YOU."

Choose well, my friends. 

Oh, if you are wondering, my friend's children are choosing to be better.  I'm so proud of them. They went with the hard choice. But, the right choice. They are growing and maturing and becoming wonderful Godly people - just like their parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment