Friday, February 3, 2012

Sitting in a coffee shop....

This morning I sit in the Bellmead Starbucks, listening to the sounds around me.  Coffee being made, voices blending in conversation and the door opening and closing. 

I've been here for hours.  Three of them to be exact.  I've had two venti coffees and a cheese danish during this time.  I've worked on my book, reading, editing and writing.  I've done day four in my Beth Moore Bible study on James.  I've researched insurance agents (MUST change to TX from VA, OOPS!!!) and I've read blogs. 

It's been a busy morning.  My brain is fried.  I am sleepy.  And, I have two more hours to pass until I take lunch to my hubby at work.  What I truly want to do is take a nap.  Instead, I will probably go wander around in Wal-mart and HEB for a while, hoping I won't find something to buy.  Unless it's coffee.  I've been looking for a particular blend recommended by a friend.  So far, no luck.  But, I will keep looking until I find it.  Even if I have to drive to Dallas.  I am determined.  :)

By now, you are probably wondering a couple of things.  Why am I hanging out in Bellmead?  So glad you asked.  Hubby has hurt his foot, is wearing a "boot" and can't drive.  Thus, I am his chauffer until the boot is gone. Since he needs me at lunch time, I stay in Bellmead all morning so I'm not making extra trips across town.  His foot will be okay.  Eventually.  No, we don't know what's wrong other than it has something to do with a tendon. 

The other things you wonder are #1, what is this blend of coffee and #2 will she REALLY go to Dallas to find it?  The answers are "Lunch with Elvis" and "Yes."   I won't make a special trip to Dallas to find it, but if I haven't located it before March 1, I will be stopping at every HEB between Waco and Dallas looking for it. 

A ha!  Another question has arisen!  What is the significance of March 1?  I am spending the night then because dark and early on March 2 I am flying to see my son in Biloxi for the weekend.  I can't wait!!!  I miss him so much it hurts some days.  It will be good to spend some time with him, seeing the sights and talking.  Catching up on his life and filling him in on ours.  It's going to be a great weekend. 

Wow, I just checked my watch.  I've managed to pass another 30 minutes while people watching and writing this blog!  Yes!!  Only another hour until it's time to pick up lunch.  Time really does fly when you are having fun...and not watching the clock.  :)

Ew, my coffee is cold.  But, I will finish it.  I need the caff.  Desperately.  Dreary cloudy days do not agree with me.  As we need the rain, I won't complain - much.  And, definitely not aloud.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You live in Waco. I come from that area. Kosse, it is about 45 min. away. Still have relatives there. Ewww! Cold coffee? No way! LOL
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete