Friday, August 26, 2011

Yesterday was hard.  The boys went back to school.  Justin isn't here.  Hubby was at work and unless it's an emergency, I can't call him.  So far, I don't have any friends in Waco - unless you count the real estate agent who helped me find the house (she's busy working), the lady who owns the house (she's on vacation) and one other lady I met in town who is also a teacher, so can't call her.  I am alone.  Alone and lonely.  Just reading that makes me feel as if I am about to have an anxiety attack.  It reminds me of our first 6 months in VA.  Talk about a time I didn't enjoy.

However, I am determined to do better.  I'm learning my way around town  vs barely leaving the house alone for the first 3 months.  I'm speaking to everyone I see vs staying home and avoiding eye contact.  I'm out and about and having fun - even if it is all by myself.  Although we don't have a church home yet, we are attending every Sunday somewhere.  There's a lot of sadness that I don't have a regular Bible study to attend...and in a weird way, I'm mad that I don't, so I'm not doing any Bible study on my own right now.  However, my prayer life is incredible.  There are days when it seems as if I pray all day, as if every breath is a prayer.  It's a good place to be....but I can do better.  Time to get back into a study. Or if I can't find a local study, then to buy a book and study on my own.  It can be done! 

Today I went to the bank.  Normally, this isn't a big deal.  You get in the car, drive a few blocks and go do business.  Not for us anymore.  Our bank is approximately 50 miles away.  It's a bit of a drive.  Thankfully, I love driving.  I love getting out of town.  I love being out and about.  And, I love the shopping center where the bank is located.   I went to the bank first.  Then, I drove over to Payless as they still doing their BOGO sale.  I had a $5 off coupon for any purchase totalling over $25.  I thought "why not pick up a couple pair of sandals on clearance for the rest of the summer."  So...I bought these...

And these...

On Sunday, I bought these....




I am going to have so much fun with all three pair!  The top ones are so comfy and cute.  The wedges are like walking in flats.  And, the boots are adorable and comfy and warm.  Very warm.  Great for this winter and early spring.  :)  You can't see the heel in this pic, but it is very cute.

I moved a bookcase into my kitchen today for my cookbooks.  I've only filled one shelf so far.  The rest of our books are still packed.  But, here's a quick peek at this one little corner.  Debating what else to do - other than add more books.  :) 

It's a good start.....Now to FINISH...  :)

A closer look at the top. These are some of my favorite S&P sets.  Notice the ones in front are handpainted with Blue bells, the state flower.  Aren't they cute??
Looking into the dining area from the living room.  It's a bit blurry, but that is a cute tea pot on my table. 
The most important part of the kitchen...my coffee/tea station.
Yes, I drink hot tea too.  A girl must have choices!

This was a gift from a dear friend before I left VA Beach.  It makes me smile every time I look at it and reminds me of Dana and her family who became part of our family during our short 4 years in VA.
This is a blast from my past.  In actuality, it's a bean pot.  But, my Mom used it as a cookie jar.  This summer, I asked to have it for my kitchen to use as a cookie jar too.  No cookies in it yet, but it has a place of honor on my counter and is another piece that makes me smile every single day.  Now to add a few more pieces to have a beautiful grouping.  My goal is to be surrounded by things that make us smile.  If a piece doesn't make us smile, then it must leave.
 
So, now you've had a glimpse.  As I make progress, I will share more. 
Hope you enjoyed this snippet of our new home.  It will take a while before I am finished. 
The important thing is we are enjoying the process.  :)

Coffee....  Oh my, it took all day to drink a pot of TX Pecan.  But, it was good to the last drop.  :)  The nice part was remembering to set up the coffee pot last night so it was ready to drink when I stumbled into the kitchen this morning.  I enjoyed the experience so much, I remembered to set the pot again tonight.  Hence the reason you got to see pictures of my coffee station.  I was standing there and thought "Why not take a picture...or two."

No comments:

Post a Comment