Sunday, August 28, 2011

An unusual Sunday

This is a most unusual Sunday for our family.  It's the first one since Justin left for Basic Training/Boot Camp or whatever it is the Air Force calls it these days.  It's also one of the few Sundays our family isn't going to church.  Instead, we slept in this morning. Two of the boys are still in bed.  At the late hour of 9:00 AM, I am still in my jammies, still wearing my glasses and still need a shower.  I just started the coffee!  It's a lazy morning at the Terry household.  The hubby and I are attending worship by watching our favorites Drs. Stanley and Jeremiah on the tele. 

As I said, this is a most unusual Sunday.  But, we simply could not bear the thought of attending another church we aren't going to join this weekend.  Neither of us did our "homework" this week in searching for a place to worship today and rather than play church roulette again, we chose the path of least resistance and slept in.  Not recommended.  I feel empty inside.  I miss gathering with God's people and lifting my voice in song and my heart in worship to him.  I know technically I can do that anywhere.  Even in my own living room while watching tv....but there is something missing.  I need the corporate worship time with other Christians.  I need the fellowship.  Not to get too busy with my "needs" I should also mention that we, as Christians, are also told in the Bible not to forsake the assembling together.  God knew we would need it. 

Yesterday, I convinced Patrick to take a picture of my OOTD!  It wasn't super fashion forward but it was somewhat cute and definitely comfortable. 


Top by Converse One Star
Skirt by H&M
Shoes by Airwalk for Payless


Today's OOTD is still TBD as I'm currently sitting at the breakfast bar in the kitchen, sipping coffee, blogging and listening to the sounds of the house as my people begin waking up and joining the family circle.  You know, even if this is a most unusual Sunday, it's sort of nice too. 

It's funny.  During the day I have so many things happen or thoughts come into my head I want to write about.  Then, when I sit down to do so, I can't remember any of them.  Thus I write about nothing substantial.  Maybe I should begin carrying a notepad with me so I can notate the things I want to say so there is a bit more meaning in these posts, a bit more substance, if you will.  Or not. 

Well, I am off to begin my day.  Time to pour another cup of coffee, take a shower and do something.  I don't know what, but something.  Definitely will begin another letter to Justin - I am doing a daily log for him of what's going on at home while he's away so he doesn't feel so disconnected from everyone when we see each other at the end of October.  Might leave the house to do a bit of shopping later also.  Or not.  We may just stay home and watch movies on Netflix.  Either way, it will be a nice, relaxing day with the family.  I love those. 

Coffee:  Kona with flavored creamers....and maybe a cup with just some half and half so I can savor the flavor of the coffee.   

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your family day. It sounds great to me.

    Here's a blogging tip from me to you. Since I almost always have my phone with me, any time I get inspiration, I either snap a photo of it or send myself an email with a few words to trigger my memory. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about missing church....you don’t even want to hear what our church life has been like in FL this summer. Anyway, I’m so ready to get back into fellowshipping. I pray you find a home church to love soon!

    ReplyDelete