Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pinterest is Evil....but Oh, So Yummy!

I have been busy the past few days.  Busy in front of the computer.  Pinterest is sucking the hours out of my days!  Seriously!!  I think I may in need of an intervention.  But, before you hold one for me, may I please try all the recipes I've pinned, organize my house, clean everything with natural ingredients, sew a ton of projects and make presents for everyone I know??  

Yes, Pinterest is addicting.  But, astonishingly, my hubby who generally despises it when I spend tons of time on the computer is in favor of my time spent on this site.  Could it have something to do with the wonderful food I've been making lately?  Hmmmm, could be. 

I am keeping up with the meals I cook for a while to keep from repeating things too often.  There's nothing worse than cooking the same meals over and over and over again.  Unless it's eating the same meals repeatedly.  Yes, it's a bit nerdy of me to do this.  But, I am a bit nerdy.  Over the years, I've learned to embrace my inner nerd. 

This is what our meals have been recently:

Sep 5 - Mexican buffet for Football Day - queso dip, chicken flautas, spanish rice. 
Sep 6 - Pork Tenderloin - and for some reason, I neglected to write down the sides.  Weird.
Sep 7 - Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Cornbread Muffins
Sep 8 - Mexican Lasagna, Papas con Chiles, Refried Beans
Sep 9 - Tilapia, Old Fashioned Potato Cakes, Broccoli and Red Lobster Biscuits
Sep 10 - Chicken and Waffles, Gravy, Syrup and Broccoli
Sep 11 - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Meatballs, Broccoli and Garlic Cheese Bread
Sep 12 - Monterey Chicken, Lemon and Thyme Mushrooms, Corn, Asiago Bread and "Poke" Cake

Wanna see some of these delectable dishes? 

This was today's breakfast.
Easy Cheesy Bacon Pull Aparts.
Oh, so yummy.

MMMMmmmmm....
Old Fashioned Potato Cakes.
I made these with a combo of left over mashed potatoes and left over Papas con Chiles.
Delish to the maximum.
Will make again and again and again.
Just not too soon.

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
from Top Secret Recipes site.
Superb.
Simply superb.

Tilapia.
I forget the exact name.
But, it's on my Fish/Seafood - Favorites board on Pinterest.
Very tasty.


Tomorrow morning I am making another Pinterest inspired breakfast for the boys.  Store bought cinnamon rolls from a can, placed in the waffle iron and cooked.  Cinnamon roll waffles.  Can you say YUM?? 

In the crockpot now is a lovely pork tenderloin with a bunch of other ingredients, cooking very slowly.  Tomorrow, it will be pulled pork for us to make sandwiches for dinner.  I am salivating already.  If you want the recipe, I hate to admit, I don't have one.  I read lots of them on AllRecipes.com and then take the best ideas from the comments and use the ingredients I like/have and make up my own recipe.  Every time.  You'd think by now I would have developed a recipe of my own.  But, no.  Not me.  That would be too easy.  Anyway, this will be a North Carolina type pulled pork for tomorrow. 

Most of these recipes can be found on my Pinterest boards. This link   http://pinterest.com/susansunshine/  should take you to my boards.  If you don't see the recipe you want, let me know and I will post it for you.  If I have one, that is!

Writing:  I actually managed to write today!!!  First time since last week.  I didn't write an entire chapter, but I did write over 1200 words in an hour.  The words were flowing.  Love it when that happens.

Coffee:  The usual here at home.  Then, a cup of Joe's Choice at Books A Milliion. Yum. 


2 comments:

  1. Susan, you sound like June Cleaver. I wish I liked to cook, but my 21 year old fixes her own food, and we do not like the same things. The closest I come to cooking is either the microwave, or a bowl of cereal. If it takes more than 3 ingredients, not even going to try. I hesitate to bring this up but, how do you eat all that food while trying to loose weight? ( strictly none of my business ) This is a lighter subject, how is the knew house working for you, haven't seen pictures, I love seeing how people make their homes special to themselves, we are all so diverse in our taste. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, just call me "Susie Homemaker." :) I LOVE cooking. So much fun!

      I love your question! I've wondered if anyone would ask it - especially with all the new recipes I've been writing about lately. The key is portion control...and exercise. :) I prefer eating a small, reasonable portion of yummy food to "diet food." I'm more satisfied and less likely to snack afterwards.

      Will try to post some pictures of the house soon. I am still working on every room. They are all *this close* to being finished.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete